Thursday, September 8, 2011

Being in Love

Its 8th September today. Exactly a month back, my assignment had started. Now as I ponder on the past days, I think this is the first time in my life I have adjusted to change so quickly.



It took me 2 semesters to adjust to NIT Durgapur. Almost 4 months, to adjust to Bangalore and just 3 weeks to start loving Netherlands. Is it the awesome set of facilities that I get here? Maybe yes, because I always believed in a good place of stay. I always wanted an impeccably clean apartment with a great kitchen and a huge bathtub. That no matter for what duration of each day I am able to enjoy it, I should have a warm house welcoming me back home.



Also, for the first time in my life I am not grumpy and sad because I am missing people. At NIT Durgapur, I missed mom dad so so badly. At Bangalore, it was Rahul, Riya, Tani and Culex Vishnui. Now I miss them all in a better way rather than sobbing myself to sleep or creating an invisible wall around me or maintaining an arms distance from others. Being alone in a country with almost no friends and no one to be friends, you start loving yourself.



This journey is going to be all about loving myself. Of getting things sorted and of identifying the stuff I have always avoided. Of doing things I have always left it for tomorrow and for taking leaps of faith. I remember the times I used be so comfortable in staying alone and then came the days when courtesy Tania RoyChowdhury, I totally lost that skill. Bangalore was so so hard thats why. Now its back to being lonely and to the very core of the word.



I always hated cooking for just myself. I always hated drinking alone. Made me feel like I am some female Devdas. Nowadays its fun! I switch an episode of FRIENDS, pour myself a glass of Baileys and enjoy it with chicken pasta. I spend all my free time (which I can't spend outside) in cooking. Trust me, cooking is man's best friend! Google recipes and try them. Aloha! You have a different dish everyday!



Next comes my love for cleaning. NIT Durgapur started it, Bangalore helped to hone it and here I am mastering it! I am probably the only one in the history of my project's onsite assignment, who goes around vacuuming the entire apartment. I even scrub the kitchen and the bathroom. Somehow I can't really sleep at night if there is a drop of food on the kitchen top. I know I am very very Monica here.



Then there is always reading, shopping, buying vegetables and groceries, planning trips and blogging (that comes only when I manage scrape time out of all the above). I am loving it!

3 comments:

  1. culex vishnui...urggghhh,,,,and u seem to suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder ...:P

    ReplyDelete