Saturday, August 6, 2011

Longest Day Of My Life

I started at 12am - 6th August I.S.T. and it is 1.10am - 7th August I.S.T., but my 6th August is still on. 6th August 2011 is an 27.5 hrs day. Whole day I have been confused with time.

First Flight was from Bangalore @ 4.15am and scheduled to reach Dubai at 6.45am (U.A.E. time) but flying time is 4hrs. So I got confused with time. Whole flight I slept. Except for the breakfast bit. Some weird egg gravy with puri and a fruit platter. I shivered the entire flight in spite of wearing my leather jacket. Landed in Dubai on time and I had 3 realization.

1. The airport is perfect for a morning walk (my legs are tired...very tired)
2. It was first designed to be a mall and on afterthought they attached the airport to it (a lady whose flight was scheduled to depart in 30mins was asking "Why don't you give me some time to shop?")
3. In the construction confusion mentioned in point 2, they forgot to construct enough washrooms (the queue at a washroom was longer than the queues at Howrah Station)

So after conquering the above 3 stages, I reached my boarding gate Just In Time. But life (I am not being philosophical) had its share of surprises for me - My ticket was upgraded to Business Class. I flew Business Class Emirates! A truly remarkable experience. The seat became a bed. (Excuse if I sound like I have landed from some Indian village). I had Apple Juice, Champagne and Baileys Irish Cream. Seafood Platter and Tuna Tartare and Arabic Sweets. Slept like a baby for 3 hrs. Watched Pirates - On Stranger Tides and Water for Elephants.

Reached Amsterdam and was lucky enough to be the 3rd person whose baggage came. Boarded the train to Den Bosch and felt like I was seeing Indian countryside - Green Fields, Cows, Rivers. But wait, I just spotted a yacht, a brick church and a brick windmill. I happened to be the only traveler in my compartment. I kept walking in the compartment in the fear of falling of asleep and missing my station. Finally landed in 's-Hertogenbosch and saw Vignesh. Ah! I have made it!

I have visited the Den Bosch market area too. But the post about my apartment and market area - to be followed..... Cause now I'll drop dead, the moment Rupashi is done with the chicken!
Goede Nacht (Good Night) !

No comments:

Post a Comment